for Outdoor Events (Walking/Cycling).
In anticipation of future outdoor meetings under the current coronavirus restrictions, the committee has updated our
risk assessment for walking/cycling events and agreed the following advice for members who are organising or participating in such events.
- Ask people to contact you if they want to come,
keep a list of who is going, and ensure there are no more than 6 (and you may
wish to give priority to those who live alone).
- Stay outdoors.
- Check latest government advice www.gov.uk/coronavirus
and amend plans if necessary.
- Check for any local restrictions.
prepared to change plans if social distancing becomes difficult, for example if
the destination is crowded.
- Tell the organiser in advance if you plan to
join the event.
- Please don't go if the organiser hasn't
confirmed there is space for you.
- Make yourself familiar with latest government
- Please don't go if you need to self-isolate due
to COVID-19 symptoms or test result.
- Please don't go if you need to self-isolate
because of contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Please don't go you have been identified as extremely vulnerable.
extra care if you are vulnerable because of age or health conditions, or if you
share a home with someone who is extremely vulnerable.
- Stay 2 metres apart.
- Wash your hands when you can.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser and use it.
- Bring your own food and drink, and don't share
- You may wish to bring a glove or other hand
covering with which to open gates etc.
that lift-sharing is not allowed, and use of public transport is discouraged.
17th June 2020