Chelmsford YHA Group

Chelmsford YHA Group

Message from the Committee

Coronavirus Response

Coronavirus Situation

Unfortunately, due to the current situation relating to coronavirus, you'll understand that we are having to change our plans for the next few months.

We are holding Wednesday meetings online via Skype, and all our other activities are suspended for the time being.

Once the technical glitches are ironed out, we'll look at drawing up a programme of Wednesday evening events that can be held on Skype (slideshows, quizzes, etc.), so please contact the committee if you have any ideas.

For future trips:

  • It's clearly not possible for the Easter trip to the Lake District to go ahead. We've been looking at the possibility of a Lakes trip in late October.

  • The trip to Spain is postponed until next year - week beginning 1st May 2021.

  • YHA have announced that all their hostels will be closed for recreational and non-essential travel until the end of July, so the weekends at Street, Oxford and Wells-next-the-Sea are cancelled, and we will rearrange them for next year.

  • We very much hope our trips from August onwards can go ahead as planned, but obviously we'll need to review that nearer the time.

Regarding financial matters, the account is effectively frozen while we try to secure refunds or re-bookings from hostels etc. We hope you'll be content for your payments to be carried forward to rescheduled trips in due course. If you have any concerns about this, please contact Dave P.

Meanwhile, please stay safe and keep in touch online, via our website, our Facebook and WhatsApp groups, our email list, Twitter (@chelmsfordYHA), and our Skype meetings. Please contact Dave P if you want more details of any of these.

24th March 2020

Please send any comments on these pages to Dave Plummer